Monday

Sealy Heated Mattress Pad Review

We all know that Sealy makes good quality mattresses and beds. They do know to charge them too, but that does not influence the quality they offer, only the final value of the product. Lets see what kind of quality Sealy heated mattress pad has in this humble review.

I decided to make comparison on this item by using one of the old ones. It is a good Sunbeam electric heated mattress pad that served me quite well for a long time. I bought it at high price since I needed it at the time and couldn't stand to go search for a discount or a sale. It just wasn't so much important to me to save the money for that piece of bedding since it was already cold. My bed wasn't warm enough for me, especially when I come in all tired from second shift. The sheets were cold, but I could warm them up with my own body heat. But the mattress bellow me was a different thing. It radiated cold. So I took and bought Sunbeam. But it seems that Sealy heated mattress is better.

My reviews says that the power cord connector is on the right side, while Sunbeam had it on the top. That was annoying from time to time since it can happen that you sleep over it. If you are not sensitive to this kind of stuff, that's ok. But I am and that little bugger was really a thorn in my bed.

Another improvement is that there is a warmer heat zone so my feet are warmer then before. There is one more thing, but I am thinking that this has a lot to do with personal taste. Setting control is what always made me a bit uncomfortable. Especially when I wanted to turn off Sunbeam pad while half awake. Sunbeam has a rotational knob that you can't really read in the night, right? I mean, I tried to do it, but I just couldn't see anything because it was dark. So I had to use my imagination or something and turn the knob, hoping I set it at the right temperature level.

Sealy electric heated mattress pad has it all better. There are 2 buttons and five levels. This means that I can now push the one that I need. So, even if it is dark, I know which one serves for what kind of temperature. After few days, I just memorized the temperature levels and it came natural to me. Now I have a bed that is warm just the way I like it. When it comes to choosing between Sealy and Sunbeam, I prefer the first one.

I would like to mention that the size of the bed plays role with these products. You have to see if this is for queen size mattress or a king size mattress. If you have a padding of some kind, that will extend the height of your bed and you won't have enough cover. It can happen that you won't be able to fit it well, especially when you turn and toss around. So check the size of your bed, is it a queen or a king, and the height too. You are free to see what Martex, Biddeford and Slumber Rest have to offer, because I heard they have heated mattress pad of a good quality too.

3 comments:

  1. Mine never worked right and is DOA.
    Further, they screwed me shipping a Queen though a King was paid for. (Had it not been a gift I'd have been all over that.)

    NEVER buy another

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thnx for this i was eagerly finding dis ,Long Back ! Thnx a Tonn Latex Mattresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Heated mattress pads make great gift items. You can give one to your child when they are leaving home for college. You can also present one to a couple on their wedding day, or give it to a friend as a birthday or anniversary gift.

    Thanks
    Memory Foam Mattress

    ReplyDelete